Front Range Fire Rescue is excited to announce the creation of a career firefighter hiring eligibility list.
We anticipate using this list to hire at least one full-time firefighter in August of 2020. Front Range Fire Rescue protects approximately 22,000 people in the towns of Johnstown and Milliken, as well as portions of Weld and Larimer County in Colorado. The area is growing quickly, and we anticipate adding a fourth fire station in the coming years.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Firefighter recruits attend the Front Range Fire Consortium (FRFC) Academy for 16 weeks and are paid $21/hour (40-hour workweek) during their time at the academy. Upon successful completion of the academy, members begin a year-long probationary period and earn $49,000/year. Top grade firefighters currently make $65,000 year. FRFR firefighters work a 48/96 schedule on a 56-hour workweek.
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- High School Graduate/GED
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License or ability to obtain
- Valid Colorado State EMT or NREMT (Colorado State EMT required in 6 months)
- Successfully Completed a Candidate Physical Abilities Test no more than 12 months before the application deadline
- Maintain a valid FireTEAM score from the National Testing Network (NTN)
- Complete the on-line application fully by 4:00 pm on May 1, 2020
- Phone Interviews (mid-May)
- Panel Interviews (end of May)
- Ride Along Interviews (June)
- Background Checks, physical assessment, medical examination and drug screen (July)
- Anticipated Start Date- August 17, 2020
- The dates and processes are subject to change given the current pandemic situation in our area.
Photo courtesy of Ian Zahn