Front Range Fire Rescue is looking for RESERVE FIREFIGHTERS!
With an ever-expanding demand for emergency services, we depend on our Reserve Firefighters to supplement our career staffing.
FRONT RANGE FIRE RESCUE’S CURRENT REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- Must maintain and have in good standing a valid driver’s license
- All applicants are required to have a State of Colorado (or IFSAC/ProBoard) Firefighter 1 and Hazardous Materials - Operations level certification at the time of their panel interview
- Possess valid Firefighter 1 and Hazardous Materials - Operations certificates
- Complete the NTN FireTeam test and submit your results to Front Range Fire Rescue
- Complete a CPAT agility test
- Complete an application here and return it per instructions at the bottom of this page
- Ride along evaluation
- Panel interview
- Chief’s interview
- Health screening and background check, after all above items are complete
Non-Colorado certified IFSAC/ProBoard candidates:
FRFR accepts applications from candidates who possess valid IFSAC or ProBoard certificates from other states or the federal government. The State of Colorado has an official process for becoming state certified that we can help you navigate through. The candidate may be offered a conditional position contingent upon the ability to obtain valid Colorado certification and drivers license. Please contact us for more information. You can visit the Colorado Division of Fire Prevention and Control site here.
FRFR currently hires full time firefighters from our pool of qualified Reserves. From January 2017 to January 2018, FRFR hired 7 Reserves into full time positions.
We require Reserve members to work at least 36 hours and attend 1 operational training per month. Reserves are able to work additional hours and attend training beyond these minimum requirements.
FRFR provides continued training, development, and certification opportunities to our Reserve members. These include vehicle extrication, low angle rope recovery, ice rescue, State of Colorado certification as Firefighter II, Fire Officer, Driver/Operator, and Instructor, as well as others.